Best conditions for deep sky observation

Just one suggestion, it would be nice to have a weather item with the best day and time to observe “deep sky” in the coming nights (for example, from 3 a.m. to 5 a.m. next day the sky will be clear and the moon will be set).

Thanks!!

I go along with that. Speaking with some colleagues recently, some of them asked if any app exists to be notified about next favourable days to observe. Such synthetic information could be provided through a URL to be shown easily into a widget for example, and of course on the telescopius website.

I like this idea very much!

Do you think having something like this on the sidebar could be useful?

I’m thinking, split the night in three slots (early, mid, late), and only report slots that are good enough (low prob. of clouds + good average seeing). Last 2 columns are clouds and seeing indicators.

1 Like

What I ended up doing (live starting version 240304.2104) is to show the average clouds and seeing values for each one of the upcoming 7 nights.

This should give us a good approximate idea when we should expect good opportunities.

I hope you find this useful :slight_smile:

Thanks Sebagr! I was just thinking the other day how great this kind of update would be … fantastic!!

1 Like

Thank you Sebagr! it’s really great!

1 Like