Green cast on images miniatures

I feel that there is a strong green cast on some of the images miniatures.

Am I the only one seeing this? Should I get my eyes checked :smiley:?

Edit: My image above doesn’t show the problem well. If you want a better example please go to my profile page : https://telescopius.com/profile/nico1038, you’ll see my latest pics show this green cast I’m talking about. Then if you click on one of them the color are ok (at least to my eyes!)

It seems there is a problem when uploading TIFF images. Of course there shouldn’t be :slight_smile: I’ll be fixing this in the near future hopefully and re-processing all affected thumbnails.

1 Like

Same green cast on my M106 (jpg), and other images:
Here the green icon:
picture-97c9a95ad5fc9dbacc5349237e252a44-thumbnail-427x287

And the image:

tnx

Thanks for sharing your image @Astrogiurby. Knowing this happens on some JPG images as well was very helpful. This issue has to do with color profiles.

I’m about to release (probably tomorrow) a new image resizing solution which will take care of this issue for new images, and at the same time it’s 30+% faster.

After I release it, I’ll have to check which images needs reprocessing and queue them with low priority to try and fix them all. Except your profiles that will have high priority - the least I can do to thank you for your reports :slight_smile:

1 Like

The fix is now live. “All” I have to do now is re-process thousands of pictures - sigh…

Here’s @Astrogiurby profile, an animated GIF with an example of old vs. new thumbnails.

Screen Recording 2023-03-08 at 11.27.18 AM

Thank you Sebastian, now it’s perfect!

1 Like

@nico1038 Your profile is being processed right now too, here’s a comparison between the old and new thumbnails. Bear in mind it’s not finished yet so some of the thumbnails still have that green cast.

Thank you. I was used to the green tint but the difference is astonishing!

1 Like