Hi!. I’d like to post in forums links to some gallery images. Could it be possible for Telescopius to show direct links to images so we can copy them directly to a forum?
Something like a link to original image, a link to a clickable thumbnail, etc.
The BBCode for forums appears when you click the last “link” (I should probably make that a button!) and the code is automatically copied to the clipboard.
If you’d only like to get only the URL for the thumbnail, as a workaround you can extract it from the generated BBCode - just look for the [IMG] tag:
In fact you can also extract the URL to the picture page too. You can also get an HTML link from that Share popup if entering HTML is an option available in your forums.
Does this work for you? I guess I could add the option to have a bigger thumbnail if needed, let me know.
My fault, it’s a pretty obvious button. I’m used to ‘share’ in mobile apps environment and as I was in a PC I was looking right for a ‘get link’ button or similar.
One thing that can trip people up is the image format itself. Even if the link is correct, some forums won’t display images unless they’re in common formats like JPG or PNG.
If your images are coming out as WebP, converting them first usually solves the problem. I’ve done that a few times using webptojpghero.com before posting the link, and the images then show up normally.