Locked down equipment specs in sim FOV

Until recently, we had the ability in the simulator to temporarily edit focal length and camera info but that seems to be gone now in both old and new sims. I was discussing targets and framing with a fellow member and generally I could just edit the focal length to see what the target would look like with his gear and those fields are now locked.

In order to do that now, I have to add his gear to my equipment list which is quite a bit of effort to just visualize his FOV and some of his gear is not in the equipment drop down list making it a LOT of work to help him with target selection.

Respectfully requesting that we bring back that ability to just temporarily edit those fields for the current view.

Thank you, Rod

Hi Rod,

You’re not required to create a new equipment each time, you just need to clear the existing selection with the X icon on the right.

In any case, I realize this is inconvenient so I’ll re-enable the inputs as they were before, no clear button will be required.

1 Like

Much appreciated. I will continue to use the workaround for now.