Mosaic overlap and other issues

I have used Telescopius to plan 2 recent mosaics, to be copied into ASIAIR and then processed in PixInsight . Both sets of data have failed. In Telescopius, I framed the area using 4 panels with a 20% overlap. Is 20% minimally adequate? I didn’t use the ASIAIR import feature because I don’t have a camera rotater and so I just typed the Telescopius co-ordinates into the AIR (triple checking them). The frames looked good and in the correct/expected areas as they came in.
But in PixInsight, using WBPP to stack and register the images, I got the dubious error message “Unable to find an initial set of putative star pair matches”! OUCH! To me this sounds like insufficient overlap (but I’m not sure). That’s why I wonder if 20% is enough.
Is anyone experienced with problems like this? Advice appreciated, it’s especially tough when a project fails and you don’t know the reason!

20% should be enough, but that’s assuming there are enough bright stars to align the frames (consider the stitching usually also sees all the noise).

Maybe you’ll want to try higher values like 30% or even 50%, until you get it right for your setup.

Have you tried aligning those images you got manually to see how much overlap you are missing? That could be an enlightening exercise.

Sorry for the (very) late reply. I would love to see some feedback for this issue if you have some.

Clear skies!