Mosaic panel layout

So I am working on a large mosaic - 7X7.
But I want to get the panels which are higher in the sky first and I can not seem to fins a way to rearrange the numbering on the panels - so I can tell it to get the panels highest in the sky before they hit meridian and then go for the next highest panels as they also rise.

I am unsure if there is a renumbering option available, and it would almost make sense for it to grab the higher objects over the lower ones as it lays the plan out - but there does not seem to be an option for prioritizing this.

Any suggestions or help (it may be a simple thing to resolve but I have not found it yet).

Obviously I can rearrange the panels in the CSV, which is what I am going to attempt to do tonight.

Thanks for your thoughts/comments.

This is a great suggestion, I have just added it to the backlog. Being able to renumber panels according to different criteria would be helpful.

I guess if what you are trying to do is get the objects higher in the sky first, it could be a little bit tricky because it will depend on when you start imaging, how long are your subs, etc. But in most cases you’ll probably want to sort by declination.

Declinations closer to your latitude value will always reach higher apparent altitudes for you. If you open the CSV in any spreadsheet, you could sort the panels by the difference between the panel declination and your latitude. In a spreadsheet this can be done in a new column entering a simple formula like ABS(declination - latitude), then sorting by that column.

I hope this helps until I’m able to release the renumbering feature :slight_smile: