Quadrant Selection function could be improved

The way the quadrant selector works could be improved. I purposely deselect the NE Quadrant because I have trees that block the scope in that direction, yet every day the recommended objects contain objects that are in the NE, and I cannot image them. For example if I were to start at Now, many of the objects shown on my list would be physically blocked, and last night like 10 of them were blocked in my pictures, because there were on my lineup, despite the NE filter being deselected.
I believe this is caused by the object not being in NE for at least the 1hr (or 2hr) I have set or just at all during the night. But it should be the opposite, … if the object is within NE quadrant during my selected time for any amount of time (because that would affect my imaging) then it should not appear on my list. I think that make sense but does not appear to be how this selector is working. Also if you are nearby like NNE or ENE, it still appears on the list even though its still physically blocked for me and i’ve chosen to deselect the NE filter.
Would prefer to adjust it for those two changes – that its never in the NE during my selected time period, and if its adjacent and close like ENE or NNE that it still does not show on the line up.
Or if you have other ideas how to improve it, i’m open.
Also have 8 or 16 slices instead 4 for example might help; you could have a center solid piece, then further out have 4, then have 16 on the outside. Yep getting pretty crazy, just ideas.
For example, I deselect NE, but many NE objects still appear at “NOW” and i can’t image them, they should not appear during my selected time period. Instead if they appear in NE for any amount of time during 2 hrs, they appear on my lineup, which is backwards. I need them to never hit the NE during my imaging window because that is blocked for me.

A long time ago, I was proud telling people that to filter North/South objects they could compare the declination with their latitude. Then someday I got the idea of measuring how much time objects spend between sunset/sunrise to/from transit time, and that way I could filter East/West too. It was quick and easy, and wouldn’t add a lot of filtering time to searches.

I never thought of a fast way of filtering at any more granularity than this because all I knew was too computationally expensive. But I think there might be a way. I’ll come back here when I have news.