Seeing forecast

Hi, I am sometimes surprised with seeing forecast. Data come from meteoblue and sometimes meteoblue announce a good forecast for seeing (between 1.09 and 1.14 for this night for example) and telescopius announce a bad one (40%)… Why this différence?
Cheers
Dominique

Welcome to the forum, Dominique :slight_smile:

Are you talking about the seeing conditions displayed on the left hand sidebar? If so, that’s an average for the entire night, which may not be exactly what you are looking for. E.g. if your observing window is the first half of the night, there may be a huge difference in seeing conditions between both halves of the night.

If you want to see the seeing of a specific subset of hours, you can visit the weather page instead: What's in the Sky Tonight?

Hope this helps?

1 Like

Hi Sebastian
I’m just wondering what decides the seeing condition, at my location, clouds is excellent, wind is excellent, moon is good, why the seeing condition is still bad?
Cheers,
Jas

Hi @droople, seeing means “astronomical seeing”, which is a way of measuring the “turbulence” in the atmosphere. You may want to check the following link for more information :slight_smile: Astronomical seeing - Wikipedia

1 Like

Hi Sebastian, thank you for the explanation.

1 Like