Settings for Mosaic using Telescopius and ASIAIR +

I am trying out the ASIAIR Plus for Mosaic - and Telescopius has a nice section for this - only thing that is unclear to me is the reported Angle (in my case 79.36 degrees) vs the Position Angle (which I have selected as 280 degrees (equivalent to -80 degrees).

It is unclear to me and I have not seen this covered anywhere the difference between +80 degrees and -80 degrees. 360/0 -80 would give me the 280 mentioned before and 360/0 +80 would be 80 degrees. So I have 2 options to try out - but I made the mistake last night of putting 80 degrees in and have a collection of 4 panels with large gaps between them. (equivalent to -280).

I searched and I have not seen anyone with an “Angle” from ASIAIR Plate Solve being addressed. This correction is overlooked often.

Thanks for your help/advice in advance.

Sorry for the late reply! There is a standard by the International Astronomical Union, by which the Position Angle is measured East of North in the celestial sky (noting that East in the Sky is West on the Earth).

Here you have a topic I wrote explaining the Position Angle issues.

As per ASIAIR Plus, I’m not sure how they handle it but I do know there are many great astronomy software that measures the rotation angle West of North instead of East of North. Maybe that’s the issue here, but you’ll have to check with them.

Any updates/confirmations on this by any ASIAIR Plus user would be awesome to help other users :slight_smile: